Latest posts by Harry Miller (see all)
- Top 5 Benefits Of Learning Modern Greek Language - April 25, 2019
- How Does Cannabis Help Alleviate your Anxiety? - April 17, 2019
- What Is After Trading Hours? Should It Be A Part Of Your Trading Strategy? - April 16, 2019
Greek-language The Greek, has its origin in ancient Greek , after suffering strong transformations. Hence the ancient Greek, Medieval Greek , and modern Greek denominations that receive the earlier evolutionary stages. Its modern variant is the official language of Greece and Cyprus.
The Greek language, as we know it today, has undergone strong transformations since antiquity. Greek belongs to the great family of languages derived from a common language known as Indo-European (also Indo-Germanic).
It is one of the most preferred language that s spoken by more then 16 million people all over the world.
Characteristics of Greek language
- It is the language in which an alphabet is formed for the first time thanks to the introduction of vowels;alphabet that serves as base for the formation of other alphabets and our Latin alphabet
- It is the mother tongue or at least the base language of all the languages of the earth in terms of name-words attributed to abstract and theoretical ideas (etymologies), which found the basis of Western thought and knowledge (art, politics, philosophy, literature, language, culture, society, mathematics, physics, chemistry, etc.).
- It is a language that is spoken and written like all the languages of the world, that is, it has a communicative purpose.
- The sounds of the Greek, its pronunciation, are very similar to those of Spanish, so it does not imply a greater effort like most languages..
- Expand your vocabulary and increase your knowledge about any subject or area of study. It allows you to identify concepts and ideas of your environment from its essence.
- It is not a difficult language; we share similar sounds and words.
- It is not a learned language; it is a communicative and conventional language like all languages.
- It is not an ancient language; it is a current language whose historical richness and linguistic beauty are similar to those of Spanish.
Top 5 Benefits modern Greek language learning are-
- To learn more about our great literature
Greek is one of the official languages of the European Community. Its importance in the linguistic landscape is enormous. Throughout its three thousand years of history, the Greek language learning has been acquiring elements (medicine, science, economics, arts, philosophy, etc.) that enrich it while maintaining its fundamental features. So, it becomes very much necessary to learn the language in order to study the beautiful literature of that country.
- To facilitate the learning of other European languages
Much of the vocabulary of Western languages prevents from the Greek language. The Greek serves as a fundamental instrument for the understanding of all modern languages since it is based on a logical structure. Phonology and syntax is based on grammatical rules with enormous communicative possibilities.
- To increase career and job prospects
Greek language is one of the language which acts as a base for many other European languages. By learning this language we can easily learn other European languages easily. It will increase the job prospects in foreign with better pay.
Moreover, if child wants to study abroad, then he has to learn that country’s native language in order to get admission there. So, Modern Greek language learning acts as a pillar in this case.
- To avoid embarrassment
Learning any other language different than your native language gives a sense of joy and pride. Any person that has more knowledge about other languages is highly respected all over the world.
- To learn about beauty of culture and its history
While learning Greek language, we will be able to learn all about country Greece and others. We will be able to know about the lifestyle of people, their habits, history of countries etc. this makes the learning of languages very interesting and we can explore different cultures.
Featured image: Unsplash