Among various physical and cardio exercises practiced at gym and home, Yoga Asanas are traditional exercises which have their origin in India and are followed around the world.
For ensuring a healthy lifestyle, Yoga Asanas are indispensable in these circumstances. Whether you are home based or an office going professional, many practise Yoga daily to relieve themselves from physical and mental stress.
Yoga Asanas are the best for relaxing at home provided you have the benefit of a good Yoga trainer. Some of the famous Yoga Asana positions are outlined for your review with pros and cons.
Surya Namaskar is the basic asana consisting of 12 yoga positions. It has a positive impact on a person’s metabolism. It is widely practised by people of all age groups to lead a healthy life style. Early Morning is the best time period for doing this. Many mobile videos are seen in the Internet making you understand the procedure for practising this.
First of all, relax you shoulders by expanding your chest and keeping your hands in a prayer position before the chest. Then, gently lift your arms backwards such that you would be facing the ceiling. Next, exhale and bend forward such that you shall touch the feet and your head facing the knees.
- Keep your palms on the floor and bend forward with your left knee and stretch your right leg backward.
- Then, come to the plank position by stretching your left keg also.
- Gently rest on the floor so that your knees, chest and chin should touch the ground while your back stretched out and your face front.
- Then, arrive at the V-position by projecting your back upwards with the support of your palms and foot.
- Inhaling the air, get back step 4 with the right leg forward and the left leg backward.
- Repeat the step 3, 2 and 1 in the order as mentioned above.
Doing this exercise with an empty stomach in the early morning is more beneficial. Starting from head to toe, all the body parts gets stretched while doing Surya Namaskar.
Padahastasana is a forward bend pose from the standing position. In this yoga position, your abdomen will experience a complete stress thus enables toning down your tummy.
You have to start with the Tadasana pose before doing this. Tadasana pose is a common standing yoga posture such that your hands shall be stretched out with your knees together like a standing pose.
Overall, Padahastasana improves digestion and tones down abdominal muscles. It also strengthens the wrist joints and relieves your mental and physical stress. Patients with spinal problems are restricted to practise this asana.
Paschimottanasana is a forward bend similar to the Padahastasana but in the seated position and assures you similar health benefits.
Stretching of Thighs, Hips and Hamstrings is possible.
Ardha Paschimottanasna has a slight change in the posture with a variation as only one leg can be stretched out at a time.
- Asthma and Diarrhoea patients are exempted in doing this asana
- Patients suffering from spinal disorders and abdominal problems can’t do this asana.
Pavanamuktasana is a wind relieving posture that relieves an individual from indigestion, constipation and gastric problems. In this position, your knees exert pressure on your tummy. You need to hold the knees more than a minute for burning the abdomen fat.
- This asana strengthens your abdominal muscles and back muscles.
- As known, pregnant women and people with heart problems and high BP should not follow.
To know more about such information, you can download apps, documents and other files related to Yoga from high end smartphones. For the purchase of best 8 GB RAM Smartphones in India, click on the highlighted text.
Featured image: Pexels