This Smoothie is the perfect Summer drink. With its zingy flavour it’s completely refreshing. Perfect as a Smoothie but also gorgeous when diluted to make the perfect pitcher for a BBQ or a drink for the kids. Ginger as we know has a very specific strong taste, but when coupled with the sweetness of the apples…. it makes the ginger more shall we say “user friendly”.
The amazing health benefits of Ginger are immense. It’s a powerful antioxidant and anti inflammatory. Great also for motion sickness, so any long painful car journeys could be remedied with a flask of this with you.Ginger is also known for being effective against exercise induced muscle pain. Why try it after a work out?? I left a little of the pith on the half a lemon as its actually really good for you, for a number of reasons. Research say’s it even helps fight allergies! Aside from the possible health benefits… This smoothie or Juice is simply gorgeous!
- 2 Apples
- 4cm/2inch piece of fresh Ginger Root (or less depending on your taste)
- 1/2 a Lemon
- Rinse the ingredients well
- Core the apples leaving the skin on. Peel the 1/2 Lemon the pips are fine to keep.
- Add all the ingredients to your blender or NutriBullet if using one. Make sure the ingredients do exceed the marline.
- Add water, making sure that you don’t go past the marline.
- Blend until smooth.
You can consume as is, with the addition of the lemon pith (which many avoid) it makes the smoothie creamy. I like to dilute the smoothie down further, adding more water, plenty of ice and transferring it to a jug for sharing. A wonderful thirst quencher on a hot day!
Perhaps serve with ice and a slice of lemon or lime!