Latest posts by Lara Jezeph (see all)
- Dealing With Sugar Cravings – Sugar Free September - September 20, 2017
- Your Anxiety Could Be Damaging Your Gut And Vice Versa! - September 13, 2017
- Allergies or Intolerances? Get the Facts - September 7, 2017
Do you find that when it comes to summer, you want something healthy but the options are either too high in sugar, alcoholic or plain old ice water? Plus, drinks high in sugar and carbonated can impact your digestion badly and cause bloating. I started to get inventive this summer with some great little cooling drinks that are packed with nutrients, full of flavour and add variety into your sunny life. I’ve kept the fruit and veg seasonal as well as this can also impact gut health. Always try to eat seasonal and fortunately for us, summer time offers and beautiful variety of fruits and veggies. Here is my list of healthy summer drinks.
The Iced Teas
The first group of my healthy summer drinks. Play around with quantities depending on your taste but in general: grab a large jug, add 5-6 tea bags and leave for at least 5 mins to infuse. Add honey in hot water and add supplements into cold. Half boiling water, infuse teas, then fill with cold water and top with loads of ice.
Debloat Iced Tea
- Rooibos tea
Some amazing health benefits of this tea include: improves sleep, aids in weight loss, reduce headaches, improve sleep, reduce eczema and allergies to name just a few.
- Mint sprigs
- Lemon slices
- Local Honey or stevia
- Avea supplement – liquid turmeric
Lara’s Take on a Mojito
- Organic Jasmine Green Tea
Some amazing health benefits of this tea include: stronger immune system, reduce stress, improves digestive discomfort, lowers cholesterol, suppresses appetite, to name just a few.
- Local honey or stevia
- Mint Leaves
Treat this like how you would a beautiful Mojito. Now, as a previous cocktail making bar tender I know how to make a decent mojito and it’s always created for the person depending on their taste so feel free to play around with the quantities. I love loads of lime in mine.
- Muddle in a glass: mint, lime and honey and leave to infuse together.
- In another glass or jug, add green tea bags and infuse in boiling water for 5mins.
- Add together, top with cold water and ice, serve.
Looking for healthy summer drinks with a bit more body and fruit? Look no further than this list of smoothies. There is also a list available if you wanted to try make some non-alcoholic smoothies.
- 1 tbsp flaxseeds
- Frozen summer berries
- Frozen spinach
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Very ripe banana
- 2 probiotic supplements
The Gut Milkshake
This is one of my favourite gut healing smoothies. It’s tasty, full of nutritious veggies and good fats to satisfy you until your next meal. Plus don’t get scared off with the raw egg, you can’t taste it.
- Juice loads of greens together – spinach, cucumber, celery, summer greens, lettuce (whatever takes your fancy) with water to thin out if required.
- Add juice into a blender
- Add 1 raw egg
- ½ avocado
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil
- Vanilla vegan protein powder
- Local honey or stevia (desired taste)
Your healthy summer drink recipes
Do you have your own favorite healthy summer drinks? Let us know what they are and how to make them in the comment box below!