Latest posts by Tetyana (see all)
- How to use Twitter effectively for your small business - May 3, 2018
- How To Stop Promising And Start Achieving Your Goals - March 5, 2018
- 6 Simple Steps To Start A Startup That Will Change Your Life - February 1, 2018
Twitter is a great tool for connecting with friends and networking. But does this channel still works for small business promotion?
These days Twitter is not only a channel to read news and discuss hot topics, it is one of the most powerful social networks that helps to grow business considerably. According to the report generated by Statistics Portal in 2017 Twitter reached 330 million monthly active users. One can only imagine how many opportunities this micro-blogging network offers for small business.
Nevertheless just as much as Facebook algorithm has recently changed, Twitter also experienced changes with the time. To consider Twitter as the key channel for small business promotion let’s go step by step to analyze the tips that will help you to take the most from this marketing channel.
1. Optimize your business profile
Profile optimization is a starting point for everyone who registered to Twitter. There are some basic elements that should be considered for profile optimization:
- Profile image. Make sure you have a logo of your company as a profile image. Follow the sizing rules and create an image 400x400px
- Header image. Create a professional and good looking cover image for your business page. According to the latest rules the image size should be 1500x50px
- Business name. Specify the name of your company so that it can be recognizable by the audience.
- Location. Specify the region of your business. It will help you to increase the number of clients locally.
- Link to your business website.
2. Use keywords and hashtags
It is an open secret that using hashtags can increase your visibility and boost more traffic. If you make money on Instagram, you already understand the role of hashtags in promotion.
Use 2-3 keywords in each of your tweets. I would recommend to use such service as Hashtag.org that helps to identify the trends for keywords.
Twitter is a channel for communication. To have success you should be social extravert and interact with the followers. People usually forget that Twitter is not about promotion, it is about conversation.
This channel gives great opportunities to reach people directly. It is perfect place to get noticeable and contact influencers and opinion leaders.
So, retweet, like and comment of the content in your feed.
also mention other users when tweeting. If you are following a blogger or an influencer you can pay this person’s attention to your business by mentioning in your tweets. It will show that you are following and getting interested in this person.
4. Use topic related images in your tweets
According to the This is quite obvious but still important to mention. When posting links to your website take into account that posts with images are more frequently clicked than just links.
5. Consider Twitter algorithm
Earlier Twitter saw the news in the feed in a chronological order. But after the algorithm was changed, engaging content started to win. It is a real WIN-WIN for brands and followers. Create posts to increase engagement – ask questions, think about interesting titles.
And one more thing – be consistent in posting interesting and engaging content and you’ll see the results.