Latest posts by Manisha Reddy (see all)
- 15 Tips to Relaxing and Having ‘ME’ Time - May 19, 2017
- 20 Tips to Hosting the Perfect Dinner Party at Home - May 15, 2017
Hosting a dinner party at home is not an easy task. You have to plan everything in advance and it really is a team effort. Tasks range from inviting people to cleaning the entire house in advance to taking care after dinner. It can feel like a huge task. So in this post I will give some tips to host a perfect party.
How To Host The Dinner Party at Home
Lets begin now:
1) The first and foremost step for a successful dinner party is the attendance of the guests. So to ensure everything goes smoothly, invite your guests at-least a week ahead of the party. Everyone is busy in today’s world so the last minute invitations may not be successful at times. If potential guests receive an invitation in time they may be very happy to postpone other works or plans for your dinner.
2) Get ready with light music tracks as it not only lightens the mood of guests but also your mood too.
3) Plan the menu in advance. This gives you time to buy ingredients and change dishes if need be.
4) Keep your house well maintained and keep the entire house clean, tidy and well decorated.
5) Set your table properly, arrange knifes and forks in their correct place and use beautiful plates.
6) Keep some flowers on the table as it is always a beautiful sight. Use cloth napkins as it feels homely and at the same time sophisticated.
7) Why not try new dishes? Having a different type of salad for example can keep the evening and meal interesting.
8) Its not important that you cook the entire meal at home. But, you don’t need to worry if you need to bring some ready made appetizers from outside in as well. You can warm them up and serve them quickly.
9) If you have enough time, try sticking to homemade food when it comes to the main course. The guests will understand how much you care for them and the bond will become stronger between them and you.
10) Keep to tried and tested recipes for the main. Experimenting with new recipes could be great but it could also flop. Sometimes it is better to stick with recipes which are perfect, easy and comfortable.
11) Include some vegetarian like Paneer butter masala or other recipes which you can do. Sometimes. guests may prefer vegetarian meals. Also consider if your guests have any intolerances. This article looks at hosting a gluten free meal.
12) You can try some easy to make burgers at home with mayo, cheese and lettuce.
13) Arrange some nice Mocktails which you can make yourself with fruits and soft drinks and keep some separate soft drinks too. You can also make some of the cocktails from this list.
14) Drinks like cocktails and wine with good quality can be provided.
15) So that the memories can be always cherished, take pictures with your guests.
16) Desserts are the life of the party. You could provide two to three flavours of ice cream like chocolate, black current and mango. This is all down to what you like best and what will compliment the meal.
17) Serving the food at a proper temperatures its very important.
18) If its the time to celebrate always keep a bottle of champagne to hand.
19) Always keep a spare space for extra guests and maybe make a little more food just in case.
20) Finally thank all your guests for taking their valuable time and coming to your house for the dinner.
How would you host your ideal dinner party?
What would you do to ensure your dinner party goes off with a bang? Would you add any hints and tips to this list? Let us know in the comment box below.
It’s My Style of Living
Want to read articles on lifestyle, cooking technology and more? You can more articles like this on my site, It’s My Style of Living.