Latest posts by Manisha Reddy (see all)
- 15 Tips to Relaxing and Having ‘ME’ Time - May 19, 2017
- 20 Tips to Hosting the Perfect Dinner Party at Home - May 15, 2017
Lets discuss the concept of ‘ME’ time. ‘ME’ Time is the time spent relaxing, pampering, taking care of oneself, spending time alone to reduce stress or restore your energies.
So why it’s important to have ‘ME’ time ?
It goes without saying that in this modern world, we can be very busy. Sometimes people don’t even find time for a meal. If we continue working with stress for long periods of time, its going to affect us in the long term. More than ever, it is necessary to get break free of our daily routine sometimes. We need to pamper ourselves. Enjoy time just doing nothing sometimes. In essence, take care of ourselves is quite important and its the key to happiness. Hence in this article I want to give some tips on how to have some time for ourselves.
The 15 Tips to Relaxing and Having ‘ME’ Time
1) First and foremost… the gadgets which are with us always. Phones, Tablets, Laptops etc. Some people even keep these devices with them 24/7. So its time to unplug our gadgets or switch it off for sometime.
2) Invest in a good book and give yourself the time to read.
3) Get into the habit of gardening. Its a great way of relaxing and getting close to the nature.
4) Try a new Recipe. You may not be a culinary wizz but try following a recipe. Consider baking something sweet like cupcakes.
5) How about a home pedicure? You can easily put some warm water in a tub, add some bath salts and just relax. Follow this with a scrub of your feet with a pumice stone. Add some rose petals for some extra feel good factor. Once its all done, don’t forget to paint your nails.
6) Make your own fruit juice. It sounds simple but sometimes doing small things gives lots of happiness and fruit juice is good for your health as well.
7) Go for a walk. It sounds so simple but it actually has many benefits. Try going for a evening stroll or morning walk. To top it off, it is also good for health.
8) Showers can be really relaxing. Some people like them hot whilst others prefer them cold. Whatever your preference, showers can be refreshing and revitalizing.
10) Meditate. Meditation relaxes the body and the soul. Make time at least 10 minutes per day and you will see the difference.
11) Dance like no one is watching. The movement is great for your body and will relieve negative energy and stress.
12) Alter your routine. Consider waking up 20 minutes before everyone else, and have a quiet cup of tea to start your day.
13) Book yourself into a spa. Alot of spas offer day entry as well as overnight stays. Gyms sometimes offer massages and aroma therapy rooms as well.
14) Ensure that you actually schedule in some ‘ME’ time. If you don’t schedule it, other things may take precedence leaving you more stressed.
15) Finally, try just sitting and doing nothing. Put your feet up, turn on a television and just relax.
Benefits of having regular ‘ME’ time:
1) ‘ME’ time reduces stress and improves concentration.
2) It gives space to know more about yourself.
3) It allows you to think about the things which you may have forgotten about.
4) It strengthens the relationships with your loved ones.
5) Improves your well being.
6) Your work life will be interesting.
7) You can get away from the Monday blues.
So what are you waiting for? Schedule your ‘ME’ time for yourself now!