Every season I allow myself one new fragrance, be it high end or drugstore. I’ll do a little research (i.e, make a pest of myself at the store) until I find just the right scent–I figure if I’m paying a decent penny for a signature scent for the next three-ish months, it needs to be worth it. And it doesn’t have to be a new release either–as long as I am loving it, I’m down to buy it. For example, this past winter, I was loving Samsara by Guerlain. This spring, it was Pink Sugar. For summer, I’m all about CK One Summer by Calvin Klein. While I was out and about checking out new scents for summer, I came across SO many sexy, sweet, feminine, sultry fragrances–I just had to share them with you. Whether you are into fruity, floral, musk or a unisex scent, there’s something new out there just for you!
Here’s my picks for this summer’s hottest new fragrances, in no particular order. And oh yeah, just check out some of these bottles! They are literally like works of art (a few are even designed by artists!).
1. Eternity Summer and Eternity for Men, the new limited edition fragrances from the Calvin Klein. How’s this for a description: “the serenity experienced by a couple in the middle of a desert; all they can feel is the warmth of the hot sun soaking into their skin mixed with the cool airiness of night fall as they watch the sunset.” Damn. That’s what you can expect with Calvin Klein’s Eternity summer fragrances. It’s top notes are star anise, bergamot and desert rose (along with some aquatic notes), and sandalwood, vetiver and skin musk to end the composition.
2. CK One Summer. This fragrance’s description? “Desert festivals and partying until sunrise.” This fragrance of Calvin Klein’s is clearly targeted for a younger audience, but sorry Cal–I’m almost 50 and dig this scent–it’s what I personally chose for summer 2017. It has top notes of lime, citron and cucumber along with a “hot pepper trio” and saffron. There’s also a bit of musk to this as well.
3. Just Say Yes by Lola James Harper. Lola James Harper is known for her deliciously scented candles, but following in Jo Malone’s footsteps she’s upping her game in the fragrance department as well. Just Say Yes is a unisex, floral fragrance that features cardamon, rose, citrus and musk. A sultry, sexy combo for sure.
4. Pure Grace Summer Surf by Philosophy. Oh Philosophy and your “Amazing” line, how I love thee. While my jam is typically Amazing Grace, Pure Grace Summer Surf is a winner for summer. Described as a floral, woody musk fragrance for women, it’s a scent that contains tiare flower, sea notes, woodsy notes and musk.
5. Bonbon Spring Summer by Viktor & Rolf. This yummy scent is a reboot of Viktor & Rolf’s sweet caramel candy scent Bonbon, launched in 2014.
The sweet caramel scent is lighter, and is enhanced with grapefruit, pink sugar and crystallized jasmine.
6. DKNY Be Delicious Nolita Girl. The new limited collection from the DKNY Be Delicious line is inspired by different neighborhoods of New York City. Nolita Girl is made for a woman who “embodies everything that is the opposite of decent and neat, a woman with an urban street style”. Just like me! LOL jk. The scent is a blend of raspberry, violet, magnolia and sandalwood.
7. Avon Little Sequin Dress. I love all of Avon’s “Little ____ Dress” fragrances, and this one is a hit for summer. It is announced as a “dazzling and stylish fragrance of sensual composition for special occasions” and has juicy notes of mandarin and mango, and gardenia and tropical flowers and musk, sandalwood and golden oriental resins. So, so pretty.
8 & 9. Daisy Eau So Fresh Kiss and Daisy Dream Kiss. Marc Jacobs teams with Coty to launch two new limited editions of their Daisy perfume lines.
Daisy Eau So Fresh Kiss is a fresh, floral scent with notes of mandarin leaf, black currant and pink pepper, peony, cherry blossom and pink rose. The base ends the composition with notes of blonde woods, sandalwood and ambrox.
Daisy Dream Kiss is a floral-fruit-musky scent, with black currant, grapefruit and pineapple. Flowers of white freesia, jasmine and rhubarb and cedar, musk and ambrox.
I don’t know how they make so many scent combos work, but they do and they are damn delicious!
10. Estée Lauder Bronze Goddess Eau Fraiche Skinscent 2017. Phew! Estee Lauder has been bringing it’s Bronze Goddess fragrance since 2011, and it’s no wonder because they are wildly popular! This 2017 version contains the signature composition of the line, representing warm sand with mandarin, bergamot, lemon and orange. Imagine the scent of really pricey suntan lotion on a beach in St. Tropez, and you got Bronze Goddess.
11. Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy Now Eau de Parfum. The only thing that fits me at Victoria’s Secret is the perfume–and I’m so glad I stumbled on this one. This limited edition fruity-floral fragrance is described as an island-inspired scent, with notes of tropical guava, coconut and mariposa flower. This scent radiates passion and seduction..me-ow!
12. Liquid Cashmere Aqua by Donna Karan. I love the original Cashmere Mist for cooler months, but man am I loving this lighter, water-inspired scent for summer! It smells a bit like the ocean air mixed with a hint of spray-on sunscreen. It’s described as a floral woody musk and has floral notes, woody notes, and sea notes as well.
13. Escada Fiesta Carioca. This limited edition fragrance for summer is a floral-fruity composition, designed as a “cocktail of passion”–WOW! Passion fruit, red raspberry and violet leaf cross into the floral heart of passion flower, orange blossom and jasmine. The base notes blend musk, cedar and benzoin. I don’t know what benzoin is, but it sure helps to make this fragrance smell ah-ma-zing!
14. Sunflowers Sunlight Kiss by Elizabeth Arden. Sunflowers was a big hit when it was first introduced in 1993, and this 2017 summer rendition is bound to be just as popular. It’s described as a free-spirited, bright and energizing floral scent with citrusy and marine nuances. It has top notes of Italian bergamot, mandarin, and Japanese loquat and apple leaves lead to the heart of osmanthus, cyclamen, ozonic accord, rose and jasmine. Driftwood and solar musk complete the composition.
15. Go Naked Perfume Oil by Urban Decay. Urban Decay gets in on the fragrance game with it’s first scent for women, and can best be described as “
sun-warmed skin and salt air on a private beach”. This fruity-floral fragrance has top notes of bergamot, petitgrain, mandarin orange, lemon and sea salt; middle notes are neroli and orange blossom; base notes are lavender, musk and jasmine. It’s a great scent to throw on after a day at the beach!
What are your favourite fragrances?
What summer scents are you into this season? Do you have a list of your favourite fragrances? Let us know in the comment box below!