Latest posts by She Eats Creativity (see all)
- Have You Harnessed The Power Of Tonic Drinks? - January 26, 2018
- Food – Delicious Gut Healing Bone Broth Recipe - January 11, 2018
- What Should You Be Doing In The First Month You Launch Your Blog? - December 29, 2017
My favourite dish to help cleanse and heal the gut. My beautiful friend Katie has introduced me to the power of Bone Broth and I am forever grateful?
- 1 whole organic chicken
- Fresh turmeric grated (2-4cm)
- Fresh ginger grated (2-4cm)
- A whole garlic, peeled
- 2 onions
- 1/4 cup whole peppercorns
- Tablespoon Himalayan salt
- 3 whole carrots
- 1/2 bunch celery chopped
- Approx 4-6 cups of filtered water
- 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar
- Fresh lemon
- 2-3 small chillies
- Rice noodles to serve (optional)
1. Place water into slow cooker or large pot on stove
2. Add all other ingredients and stir
3. Bring to the boil then simmer (or cook on auto in slow cooker).
4. After 10hrs take the chicken out and remove the good meat and discard the remainder. Put the bones back and keep on low for another 8hrs.
5. Drain and serve. I like to pick the vegetables out and keep them in the broth. The draining is just to remove any bones that may not have disintegrated.
* play around with the ingredients and work with your taste buds!