Latest posts by AtHomeWithDaneen (see all)
- Stocking An Italian Pantry: The Staples (Includes Bonus Recipe) - April 16, 2018
- Are They Or Aren’t They? Actress Christina Cooper Fields Questions About Possible Relationship With Singer Chris Brown - December 12, 2017
- Winter Hacks For Your Home, Your Car, and Even You! - October 31, 2017
Ten Great Fair Trade Coffee Brands You Gotta Try
Well I’m so glad you asked!
Fair trade coffee is certified fair trade according to organizations like the Fair Trade Federation, a non-profit organization that audits goods like coffee, cocoa and tea from point of origin to point of sale against fair trade criteria (see below for deets). Fair trade organizations are actively engaged in supporting sustainable environmental farming practices. Today, fair trade benefits more than 1.2 million farming families in 70 developing countries across Africa, Asia and Latin America. How cool is that?
Fair trade products have to meet a strong set of standards set by the organizations, standards you and I might take for granted in the USA. These include:
- Family farmers receiving fair prices for their harvest;
- Safe working conditions, freedom of association and fair wages;
- Forced child labor is strictly prohibited; and
- Harmful agrochemicals and GMOs are strictly prohibited.
Currently, there are four (4) membership organizations and five (5) fair trade certifiers that follow these 10 principles of fair trade.
Now that you are familiar with fair trade, here are 10 certified fair-trade coffees you gotta try!
2. Java Planet–Colombian gourmet specialty grade A low acid, whole bean, 1 lb.
3. Kohana Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate–organic, low-acid, 32 oz.
4. Laird Superfood Organic Whole Bean Peruvian Coffee–medium roast, 14 oz.
5. White Knight–light roast organic coffee artisan blend, whole bean, 2 lb.
6. Colombia Jo–organic ground Colombian, medium roast, 12 oz.
7. Death Wish–“The World’s Strongest Coffee”, organic, ground, 12 oz.
8. Baronet Coffee–dark Kenya AA dark roast, 18-ct coffee pods (Pack of 3)
9. Equal Exchange Organic Coffee–Colombian ground, 12 oz.
10. Larry’s Coffee–Mocha Java blend, organic, whole bean, 5 lb.