Latest posts by Josh Harisson (see all)
- Email Marketing Success: Why Use Email Validation API - March 29, 2019
- Benefits Of Programmatic Digital Marketing - March 29, 2019
You could collect tens of thousands of email addresses and balloon your database, but what’s the point if you’re saddled with inaccurate, inactive or fake addresses? Unusable email addresses only spike the bounce rate and ruin your reputation. How do you ensure incoming data is authentic before it merges in your database? Simple: You use email validation API to authenticate an email address at the point of data capture.
Marketing campaigns flop miserably when emails fail to reach intended customers or get bounced back off inaccurate addresses. You can tackle this problem at the point of origin where the customer inputs email addresses – by integrating email validation API into opt-in-forms. This could be a registration form, a newsletter, a survey form, a Facebook ad, or a special offer that you’re communicating to your audience – any marketing method that encourages a potential customer to key in the email address.
The email validation API authenticates the address in real-time. If an invalid address is entered, the system generates a prompt, “Oops! Looks like you’ve entered an invalid email address. Please try again” or something politely similar.
Businesses are increasingly turning to Byteplant real-time email validation for integrating API in CRM systems, POS terminals, customized mail forms, registration forms, and many other user opt-in forms. This is the easiest way of preventing bad addresses from clogging your database and ensuring that your mailing lists are pristine pure.
5 Reasons Why Real-Time Email Validation API Boosts Email Marketing Campaigns
- You reduce high email bounce rates that could damage your reputation and set off spam protection software.
- You ensure higher customer open and click-through rates which will help you capture and convert good leads.
- You maximize the effectiveness of email marketing campaigns by targeting only valid email addresses. You won’t lose money by addressing messages to invalid addresses.
- You save loads of time and minimize the headaches associated with manually sanitizing your email database. The entire process of validating the email is solved by using API in opt-in forms used by customers.
- You’ll be focusing more on improving the quality of your leads, and you’ll be better placed to segment customer emails when you’re targeting specific audiences.
With API managing your opt-in boards, you’ll snare customer typos, correct syntax errors, avoid fake account signups that bloat your database, and you’ll ensure that only valid and usable emails are collected in real-time.
Now that you’ve wised up to the immense value of email validation API let’s see how the system actually functions.
The Lowdown on Integrating Email Validation API to Your Online Platform
- First, off the starting block, you go ahead and create an API account. For that, make a beeline to your dashboard and create your API key using the “API Settings.”
- Next, you purchase user credits which you’ll be asked to renew as and when API usage starts deducting credits from your assigned email validation pool.
- The next step is API integration. Cutting edge software ensures that the API is integrated with any website, blog, or application that your marketing campaign covers. Just decide the API integration that fits your requirement, merge the code into the platform you’re going to use, and you’re ready to start verifying emails in real-time.
Guarding Your Gateway and Optimizing Your Email Listings Using the API Settings
Once you start using an integrated API, you’ll be gathering tons of information about the emails that will be streaming in. The emails will be delivered neatly classified under different categories – some of them will be labeled as active and deliverable addresses or completely undeliverable addresses, and many will be tagged as risky or unknown requiring deeper probing. Now you’ll be better placed to program the API to tackle these email categories in different ways:
- Deliverable addresses can be routed safely to your growing database as you can be 95 percent sure that your campaign messages will be reaching these addresses.
- The undeliverable addresses can be flagged at the entry point by coaxing the customer to correct typos, or if that doesn’t evoke a positive response, you can prevent such addresses from being routed to your database.
- Risky mail addresses could be linked to “catch-all” servers where your messages could lie unattended or classified as spam. How you tackle risky addresses depends a great deal on your campaign goal and how important that contact is to the campaign. So, your preferences will decide how you tackle such addresses. Another risky address is the email that looks decidedly generic like [email protected] which admits emails but may show low open rates and even higher bounce rates. These are best avoided.
- Faced with an unknown address, you can click the “why” hyperlink and probe the reason why the address is categorized as unknown. If there’s a temporary outage at the receiving end, you could retry your message and gauge the response. But be aware that unknown email addresses won’t give you the higher performance expected from valid addresses.
An Overview of What the Best Email Validation APIs Promise and Deliver
The best email validation API in the business will integrate seamlessly with any kind of application, web input form, website, or blog by juxtaposing strategic code snippets on the platform, and you’ll be primed to fire your campaign with all cylinders firing.
The API will be potent enough to stop invalid emails in their tracks and preserve the pristine purity of your email listings. The API acts like a trusty messenger meticulously collecting, analyzing, and relaying information about the quality, acceptability, and deliverability of each mail. Specific API-centric responses will prompt the software to decide how each email should be handled.
In this manner, you’ll be programming a kind of logic into your customer input form or application that’ll automatically take decisions regarding email address acceptance or rejection.
The days of manually cleansing your email listings and preventing data from going stale are long gone. The most successful email marketing campaigns now run on automated software that integrates cutting edge email validation API into your application or website.
API is a significantly superior tool in your armory that automatically cuts costs even as it boosts the ROI of your campaign. Consider co-opting API as an integral part of any email gathering platform if only to preserve the quality and integrity of your growing customer database.
Featured image: Pixabay