Latest posts by Tammy (see all)
- Does Eliminating FODMAPS Help Irritable Bowel Syndrome? - October 21, 2016
- Today’s Healthy Recipe – Berry & Spinach Smoothie - September 22, 2016
- Today’s Healthy Recipe – Date & Cocoa Brownies - September 17, 2016
Trying to keep fit but want to nibble on something a bit sweet? Try these Date & Cocoa Brownies. Guarantees to fix your craving!
Date & Cocoa Brownies
4 cups hot water
2 1/2 cups pitted dates
4 tbs coconut oil
5 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2.5 cups almond meal
2tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 180-200 C.
- Prepare a baking tray, sprayed with coconut oil.
- Once dates have been pitted and chopped, mix them together with the water, and vanilla, in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl add the cocoa powder, almond meal, and baking soda and mix.
- In a blender add everything together and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the oven tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for approx. 30 minutes.
- Turn oven off, but leave allow to sit in oven for approx. 10 minutes before serving.