Latest posts by Eric Burdon (see all)
- How To Pitch To The Best (And Get Approved) - September 1, 2017
- Accountability Partners, Productivity & Why I Want To Write More - July 12, 2017
- Stress Management Techniques and Why I Rarely Get Stressed - June 30, 2017
It’s not very often I turn to writing a long list for any of my pieces of writing. Even though I consult lists from time to time, I don’t really see myself listing things. Perhaps because I enjoy explaining things in detail as opposed to simple, short bullet points.
Anyway, this list that I posting is an exception and that is a not to-do list. I do have a to-do list that I consult and write from time to time, but those are brief. This particular list though is something I have heard of and I want to be using for myself.
I believe that it can help other people so that’s why I’m posting it publicly as opposed to keeping it for myself. Regardless I know how useful these lists can be, in fact many successful individuals have this kind of list too. Furthermore it seems not many people actually write about these lists either.
Anyway here’s my Not To-Do List.
Not To-Do List
- Stop coming up with excuses. It’s pointless.
- Never complain or criticize others.
- Stop making announcements of your own goals. Let the achievement be the noise.
- Never let someone’s negativity get to you.
- Stop doubting your own abilities.
- Stop thinking that your work is meaningless.
- Stop thinking that your hustle won’t do anything.
- Never give up. Seize the moment and strive for success.
- Stop having a routine day. Make an effort to do something a little different every day.
- Stop skipping out on water. Get up and fill your glass up when you need water.
- Stop arguing with yourself when you want something less healthy. Resist the urge and replace it with something healthier.
- Stop talking yourself out of things. You know what you have to do, so do it.
- Stop using words that create uncertainty like “if” or “probably”.
- Don’t agree to meetings with no clear agenda or purpose. The time we have is valuable and we can save time by avoiding pointless meetings.
- Don’t check emails until you are fully awake.
- Stop rambling. Get to the point. Plan out your words carefully.
- Don’t check your emails constantly. Close the email window and work.
- Don’t check your phone constantly. Put it away or turn it face down on your desk so you don’t see the notifications.
- Stop spending so much time on social media. Get your fix, share some stuff and get back to hustling.
- Do not strive to be perfect.
- Stop dwelling on things that you can’t change.
Now it’s your turn. Make a not to-do list and write down things you want to stop doing. Copy some of the points made in this list and add your own too. Comment below some other things you’d add to the list.
What would you add to your not to-do List?
Did this list inspire you to create your own not to-do list? Perhaps you would like to use the list above but make a few additions? Either way, what would you add for your not to-do list? Let us know in the comment box below!
To your growth!
Eric S Burdon