We all know the enticing series Shark Tank. Those who don’t, let me shed little bit light on that, there are successful entrepreneurs who are willing to be your partners and invest in your business if they see it flourishing or has a good future. All of them have their own experiences , past and history. But those who want to become like them, you might want to learn few things which are common in all of them.
I get this question a lot, that who do I think is the best of all. Personally, to answer the question I don’t feel there is any set of criteria in which you can measure all of them, as each one of them is unique and has different skill with different set of experiences. So, coming to the point, here are the things an aspiring “shark” or even an “Entrepreneur” can learn from all of them.
- Open to experience: Whenever you see any entrepreneur coming there and giving them the sample, all of them try it, taste it, feel it. None of them tells that I don’t want that. They are always open to experience for any of the product , that is being offered to them. This is a great thing to learn as long as you are open to experience, you would be able to learn new things and update yourself.
- Active Listening: All of them give a patience hearing to all the entrepreneurs. What we need to learn here is , given that all of them have a vast experience , they would still completely listen to the full pitch. If you give someone an active and patience listening, you will most likely be able to understand the person better.
- Guidance: Though they learn from their experience, they would still share their part of knowledge and experience. What makes any person great is when they share their experience,as in what went wrong in which direction. They also suggest the right path for the entrepreneurs even if they are not investing in their business.
- Truthful: Most of us try to be polite and in order to be humble, sometimes we lie. All the Sharks are always truthful. They always tell the entrepreneurs what is going wrong and why are they not finding it interesting enough. they speak the truth and they know how to make it sound less hurting.
- Respect for small job: You can never see any one of them belittling the category to which the entrepreneurs are catering to. There are variety of category people cater to, based on there preferred social and economical class, but you would never see them offending any of the entrepreneurs on the basis of the financial class.
- Compassionate: The best thing to learn from them is to be compassionate. When you are compassionate, you actually feel the person. We have instances in Shark Tank, where the Sharks have invested only because they became emotional and they could feel the pain of the entrepreneur or may be the entrepreneur’s story reminded them of their own past.
Now days every corporate or big brand is focusing on being compassionate towards their employee, client or customers. And those who dream to be an entrepreneur, you can follow the above skills rather than finding co incidences in some big Entrepreneur and your life. Kindly remember, every life is different and every person is different, hence every experience and each struggle would be unique.