Latest posts by Ewan Hollander (see all)
- List Of 100 Free eBooks On Mythology And Folklore - October 23, 2018
- Spotify’s Musical Map: Playlists From Cities Across The World - July 18, 2018
- 14 Of The Most Powerful Weapons In The Marvel Universe - July 13, 2018
Wedding can be stressful at the best of times. More often than not, most the stress falls on the couple at the centre of the event. But sometimes, bridesmaids feel the pressure when they have a particularly demanding bride to deal with. Here are 6 real bridezilla horror stories shared by bridesmaids on Reddit.
She decided I was too fat
“I was once kicked out of my ‘friend’s’ bridal party because she decided I was too fat, and looked horrible in my dress. Note: This was after I threw her a bachelorette party, and she had previously told me how good I looked in the dress. She had the audacity to beg me to come to her wedding so she didn’t ‘feel bad’ I pretty much told her to go to hell, and ended the friendship.”
She insisted on a full year of being the center of attention
“I have a friend “Darla” whose friend (have only met her once, I don’t know her well enough to have been invited to her wedding) insisted that she had a full year leading up to her wedding day to be the center of attention. This meant that she expected that none of her friends or family members would get engaged, get pregnant or have a baby, have a sizable birthday celebration, or have any significant attention drawn to them for 365 calendar days because that was “her year.” She even made a hashtag for every post or photo on social media that started out as #allaboutbree2015 (Bree = not her real name) which later she changed to #allaboutbree&dax2015 (not his real name either) when some people teased her that her fiancé didn’t matter. Darla was told she was “very selfish” for having the audacity to host a birthday party for herself with only five months to go to Bree’s Big Day, especially considering that birthdays happen every single year. Bree did not attend the party, so I didn’t have the opportunity to witness any shenanigans; she elected to stay home and vaguebook about it instead.”
We had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each
– no one was allowed to wear heels because she didn’t want anyone to be taller than her. She was already at least 3 inches taller than any girl at her wedding (there were 6 bridesmaids including me)
– no one was allowed to wear false eyelashes except for her…cuz you know, the big puffy white dress doesn’t make you stand out enough
– we had meetings twice a week for at least three hours each. (these started six months prior her wedding.)
– everyone in the bridal party had to recite the rundown schedule to prove we got our shit together
– screamed at all the bridesmaids all day long behind the scenes on the wedding day while she pretended to be the best wife/bride ever in front of guests
– wouldn’t let us bridesmaids in short dresses (knee high, no sleeves, minimal coverage) wear any outerwear while we were taking pictures outdoors. IT WAS F*CKING SNOWING AND ZERO F*CKING DEGREES OUTSIDE
Oh it doesn’t end here. 1 YEAR LATER…
– she hosted a party for her 1 year anniversary and I cooked/cleaned for her all day long while she took the credit for everything. SHE TOLD ME THE PARTY STARTED AT NOON. BUT IT REALLY STARTED AT 6. SHE LIED SO I WOULD ARRIVE EARLY TO SLAVE FOR HER
– one of her friends said I looked familiar (remembered me from her wedding) then she intorduced me as her MOH. Her friend commented on how nice I was to help out with the party. AND I KID YOU NOT SHE SAID “oh, that’s what the ‘maid’ in maid of honor is for”
I am done with her.”
She tripled the budget and fired the best man
“My bridezilla originally wanted to keep the wedding party budget to under $200 and would help out those who couldn’t afford it. She wanted all her friends there no matter what. She had dealt with bridezillas before and didn’t want to be like that.
Two years later she forbid anyone from getting pregnant, almost kicked out a friend she’d already picked because of her tattoos that she already had before she asked her (because they were going to ruin the pictures), tripled her budget then kicked me out for saying I couldn’t afford it and proceeded to go around to all our friends and say how bad of a friend I was for not saving for her wedding (I could barely afford food at the time). She also fired her fiancés best man for not being good enough while defending her MOH who treated everyone like crap and screwed up half the stuff she was in charge of.
I ended up being in the wedding anyway. Her dad called me to say he’d pay for me because he knew she had lost her mind and would regret not having me. I was upset I agreed after I found out she was trashing me but I stuck it out.
Somewhat happy and funny ending. The day after her wedding I was officially out of the first trimester of my third pregnancy and announced it. She was hurt I never told her,”
The bridesmaid dress she picked out for me was $2,400
“My college roommate asked me to be a bridesmaid in her wedding. I agreed. Then the bridesmaid dress she picked out for me was $2400. I couldn’t afford it, and gently told her so. I found a pattern for a similar dress and fabric that was the same color and type, so I asked her if it was okay if I made the similar dress, or perhaps we could go dress shopping together to find something in my budget?
All of the bridesmaids were going to be wearing the same color, but she’d picked out different styles of dresses for each of us, so it wasn’t as if I would stick out like a sore thumb.
She cussed me out, told me I was ruining her wedding, that her ‘vision’ required me to wear THAT dress, and can’t I just get a credit card to charge the dress on? When I told her no, she cut all contact with me, claiming that if I was a true friend I would make the finances work. She’s never spoken to me again. She’d been like a sister to me up until that point.
One of the dresses she’d picked out for another bridesmaid was $300, by the way. I was pissed when I found that out.”
She got mad I didn’t buy her and her fiancé a sex swing
“I will summarize:
-bride got mad that I didn’t buy her and her fiancé a sex swing as a bridal shower gift. Made her so mad she didn’t speak to me for two weeks.
– I wasn’t MOH but was expected to act like one. When I asked for info to set up bachelorette, was told she wouldn’t give me the info. No one was available anyway. Later she would tell me I deprived her of this experience and should have “found a way” to contact seven people I met once and didn’t have last names for. This was also Before fb had even been invented. So finding people wasn’t easy.
– her wedding photographer was a perv. He told me to bend forward in ever pic. Come to find out 99% of the bridal party pics include my almost totally exposed breasts. I found this out by walking into her house and seeing such a photo blown up to 11×14 glory. Framed and in the entry way. Awesome.
– treated me like total garbage the day of. Made sure to constantly put me down at every turn.
– insisted we do a bridal party dance. I have a sex abuse history and a HUGE personal bubble. She knows this. Didn’t care. Insisted I dance with this leering jack*ss who stared down my dress the entire time while I tried to not have a panic attack.
– while wedding planning, would call me and vent for HOURS about ribbon colors and sh*t. I was in grad school at the time, working 30-40 hours a week and had an insane commute. I was sleeping 4-5 hours a night. When I had something to say? It’s HER TIME.
A few months after the wedding I stopped speaking to her.
Her karma…husband got so drunk on wedding night he actually LEFT his own reception to go to a bar. He barfed all over her gown in their hotel room later. He then took a job out of state and wasn’t there when she gave birth.
Oh it was my fault she gave birth alone too.”