Latest posts by Odette (see all)
- 360 Degree Cameras Are The Next Big Thing - June 27, 2017
- The Folks Over at Lucero Bakery Are No Strangers to Filled Churros - June 27, 2017
Technology has advanced a great deal and Virtual Reality is no longer something that’s seen in movies or integrated in video games. 360 degree cameras are widely getting much attention from travelers and are even growing in the Real Estate Market. Hand in hand with Virtual Reality (VR) Head Sets, these cameras are giving 360 degree views all around.
There are a few 360 cameras out in the market right now, which include the Samsung Gear 360, Richo Theta, and the 360Fly. The 360 footage of all three cameras are compatible with FaceBook and YouTube , but not all three are alike.
- The Samsung Gear 360 for example is only compatible with most Samsung smart phones, and needs a separate waterproof housing that’s sold separately. You will also need a memory card in order to store your videos and photos.
- The Ricoh Theta is small in size, but can easily be stored in your shirt pocket. Richo still needs to come out with a waterproof housing for the Theta S; however you can go live if connected to a laptop via the USB cable.
- The 360Ffly is a more versatile camera with its weatherproof, dustproof, shockproof, and waterproof design and features, however—this action camera is ready to go when you are!
My Favorite? The 360fly
The 360Fly not only has the 360 degree video and photo capability, but you can also convert the point of view footage to add on social media outlets like Instagram and Twitter, which currently do not support the 360 degrees upload. The folks over at 360Fly are gearing up their action camera with new features like the 360Fly 4k that can be used as a webcam by simply connecting the camera to the USB hub port. The 360Fly team is also working on integrating a LIVE view option that will let you do a LIVE feed on FaceBook with on click on the mobile app.
The 360Fly 4k mobile app gives you more options that the 360Fly HD does not have, like taking 360 photos directly from the mobile app, and lets you record video and take a photo at the same time. Both the HD and the 4k are waterproof and need to special housing.
The only separate gear you’ll need with these two cameras is your mounting equipment that fits your needs, depending on your adventure.
The 360Fly cameras are great not only for the adventurous, but also for those in Real Estate, and in Sports. The footage you can get from the 360Fly is limitless and when connected with a 360 Virtual Reality (VR) Head Gear—one can literally have the world in sight!
What is your favourite 360 degree camera?
Do you have a favourite 360 degree camera? Let us know which one it is and why in the comment box below!